Not In Our Backyard
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Mark 6:1–6:13
Review and Introduction
Made it Big...Going Home
Stopping in at Home (Verse 1)
Jesus fully human yet without sin...
No Love on the Block (Verses 2, 3)
He’s still, he’s still Jesus from the block
Too Close to Believe (Verses 4-6)
Sending of the Twelve (Verse 7-11)
The Going of the Twelve (Verses 12, 13)
Those who don’t get it…can
The great story of James
Community Meditation Questions
Growing in knowledge
- Do you think that people from Nazareth had a tough time believing that Jesus was the Messiah and Son of God? Why?
- The truth of his preaching and the power of his miracles gave evidence as to his identity. Why did some believe and some not?
- We can get comfortable thinking “unbelief” is “normal” but it seemed to amaze Jesus. Why do you think this was so?
Feeling life deeply
- Have you ever been looked down upon by family or friends for following Jesus? How does that feel? Has this kept you from faithfully following him in some instances?
- Read Romans 1:16., 17. What convinced Paul to “not be ashamed” of the gospel?
Living with courage
- In Mark 6:6 we see that even though Jesus was rejected at home he stayed focused on what he was called to do. What do we learn from this? How can we overcome the rejection of others and stay focused and faithful in our own calling?
More in Passion - The Gospel of Mark
August 26, 2012Death by Love, Resurrection by Grace, Unleashing the Kingdom
August 19, 2012Truth and Power
August 12, 2012His Last Days - Pt. II