Perspective - Easter 2012
Topic: Topical Scripture: Matthew 9:35–9:38
Welcome and Introduction
Importance of Perspective
Many Ways of Seeing the World
Where to Find God?
Look to Jesus
- God come near - John 14:8-11
- Resurrection power - Acts 17:29-31
Salvation and Liberation
- Rescued from sin and judgment
- Raised above death and the grave
Growing in knowledge
- Read together Matthew 9:35-38.
- Jesus saw the crowds and observed that they were harassed and helpless. Do you see yourself as either of these? Why or Why Not?
- What’s the problem with shepherdless sheep?
- Jesus sees human reality and has compassion upon people. What does this lead him to do? What does he tell us to pray for? What is he talking about with all this “harvest” stuff?
Feeling life deeply
- What things seem to harass you in life? How can you NOT see yourself as a victim?
- Where do you specifically feel you need God’s help, mercy and grace?
Living with courage
- Practically speaking, how does Jesus lead people today? How does he shape our perspective and give us a way to live?
- If we see a lost humanity around us, how should we respond?