Flashback to Foreshadow - Trouble Making for the Glory of God
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Mark 6:14–6:30
Back into Mark
- Trouble Making
Enemies in High Places (Verses 14-16)
Flashback to Foreshadow (Verse 17-29)
- Perplexed and Hearing Gladly
- The Birthday Bash
- The flashback is a foreshadowing
Risk taking and trouble making (Verse 30)
Philippians 1:19-26, Philippians 3:8-11, Matthew 11:2-6
Growing in knowledge
- Read John 1:29-34 and Matthew 11:1-11. Why do you think John the Baptist was having questions about Jesus in the last days of his life?
- What message does Jesus send to John? Why?
- What can we take from Jesus’ message to John for our own dark hours?
Feeling life deeply
- Have you ever felt afraid to follow Jesus in his mission?
- What does the flashback about John tell us about following Jesus? What is it about loving people and extending hope through the gospel that seems risky?
Living with courage
- How does our identity in Christ and our eternal security allow us to take risks and start trouble for the Kingdom of darkness?
More in Passion - The Gospel of Mark
August 26, 2012Death by Love, Resurrection by Grace, Unleashing the Kingdom
August 19, 2012Truth and Power
August 12, 2012His Last Days - Pt. II