eXL - Introduction
Topic: Biblical Scripture: 1 Corinthians 10:1–10:14
Two Meanings of eXL
Reading the Bible
Not all books the same
Understanding the Scriptures
eXL (Why Exodus and Leviticus)
Old Testament Narratives (1 Corinthians 10:1-15)
- About Jesus
- Examples for us
- Worship a faithful God
The Important Pentateuch
Theological Themes in Exodus
Growing in Knowledge
- Why should we read different books of the Bible differently?
- Why is it important for us to understand the function of various parts of the Bible which make up the whole?
Feeling Life Deeply
- Do you feel like some parts of the Bible are less familiar to you than others? Have you ever wondered why something is in the Bible?
Living with Courage
- Discuss specific ways in which the big story of the gospel informs and influences your present circumstances.
- Over the course of the next few months we want to encourage everyone to prayerfully read the books of Exodus and Leviticus. Begin Exodus now and put on your calendar to start Leviticus on Feb10th.