Topic: Exposition Scripture: Acts 2:1–2:41
His Story, Our Story
PENTECOST: ACTS 2:1-41
Arrival of the Spirit
Birth of the Global Church
One Kingdom, Many Cultures
DISCIPLESHIP GROUP QUESTIONS
- Read aloud the text from Sunday (Acts 2:1-13). What do you remember most from the teaching? What was new or refreshing in terms of your understanding of Pentecost and/or the role of the Holy Spirit?
- Now read Peter’s sermon at Pentecost (vv.14-41). What stands out in this section? What is added to our understanding of the meaning of Pentecost?
- Can you remember a time when you felt “full of the Holy Spirit”? What was the situation and what was the experience like?
- As mentioned on Sunday, our culture often suggests that our problems are all external and the solution is to “be yourself” or “find the strength within.” What’s wrong with this? How is the Christian faith different?
- Consider the culture in which you have primarily grown in your faith. On Sunday it was said that we all need brothers and sisters from other cultures to point out where our faith is overly influenced by the brokenness/limitations of our particular culture. Discuss this idea. Have you ever experienced this kind of refining from another person or culture? Explain.
- Why is repentance—turning back to God - so important in the Christian life? What do you need to repent of from this last week? End your time by bringing these things to Jesus and then asking for a renewed fullness of the Spirit in each other’s lives.