Seeking Justice and Mercy
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Acts 4:32–5:16
His Story, Our Story
SEEKING JUSTICE AND MERCY: ACTS 4:32-5:16
The Traits of Christian Community
The Threat to Community
The Upside Down Kingdom
DISCIPLESHIP GROUP QUESTIONS
- Read aloud the texts from Sunday (Acts 4:32—Acts 5:16).What do you remember most from the teaching?
- What aspects of the Christian community in Acts 4:32-37 are most appealing to you. Why? Which are the hardest to imagine? Why?
- Share ways in which the people of God have encouraged you though unity or generosity.
- What “signs and wonders” have you seen, both negative and positive from your local Christian community.
- Discuss ways that your Discipleship Group can be encouragers to each other through unity and generosity.
- In what ways have you “kept back for yourself” some of the blessings that God has provided to you. Ask those in your Discipleship Group if they’ve seen you withholding anything.
- Is there anything keeping you from making the Kingdom of God your highest allegiance? What things can you do together to help break some of the barriers that keep you from it?
- Share with each other some of the ways, in the past week, that you’ve been selfish and ask each other to pray for you to overcome them.