The Life & Death of Stephen
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Acts 6:8–8:4
His Story, Our Story
THE LIFE & DEATH OF STEPHEN: ACTS 6:8-8:4
DISCIPLESHIP GROUP QUESTIONS
- Read aloud the texts from Sunday (Acts 6:8-15; 7:51-8:4).What do you remember most from the teaching?
- Can you remember a time when someone else’s suffering and/or sacrifice deeply blessed you? Share that story.
- Try to point out ways in which you’ve seen one another suffer faithfully. In other words, speak “well done, good and faithful servant” over each other in specific ways.
- Have you ever thought of your own life “continuing the story of Jesus”? If so, what effect does that have on you? If not, what makes that concept difficult for you?
- Four categories of people were addressed on Sunday: 1) those in the midst of deep trial and pain 2) those actively avoiding suffering 3) those suffering for selfish reasons and 4) those sacrificing faithfully on behalf of others. Which category or categories most resonate with you currently? How does Stephen’s example encourage or challenge you in this season?
- End your time by praying for one another in light of your answers to the question above. Pray with boldness and confidence that God is the only one who can truly change our spiritual desires.