Conversion in the Kingdom
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Acts 8:4–:40
His Story, Our Story
CONVERSION IN THE KINGDOM: ACTS 8:4-40
Responding to this Gospel
DISCIPLESHIP GROUP QUESTION
- Read aloud the text from Sunday (Acts 8:4-40).What do you remember most from the teaching?
- What is the most tangible way in which you’ve seen the gospel “change your story”? In other words, where might you be today apart from Jesus?
- What barriers have you seen broken by the gospel?
- Have you ever experienced the “hound of heaven” (God’s pursuit of you apart from or prior to your pursuit of Him)? Is there a chance you’re experiencing that now (ie—God trying to get your attention in some way to move you toward something or someone to serve them, seek forgiveness, be generous, etc.)?
- Consider the precautionary example of Simon the Magician (Acts 8:9-24). Why do you think the apostles rebuked him so fiercely? In what ways are you tempted to wrongly approach your faith like Simon wrongly approached his?
- Philip was almost certainly not the only person used by God to bring the Ethiopian eunuch to saving faith. What other roles might you be called to play in the lives of those who don’t know Jesus (in addition to direct evangelization)? Be creative and specific.
- End your time by praying for one another in light of your answers to the question above. Pray with boldness and confidence that God desires to use all His people for the furtherance of the “barrier-breaking gospel.”