The Conversion of Saul
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Acts 9:1–9:31
His Story, Our Story
THE CONVERSION OF SAUL: ACTS 9:1-31
DISCIPLESHIP GROUP QUESTIONS
- Read aloud the texts from Sunday (Acts 9:1-31).What sticks out to you? Why?
- What does the story of Saul’s conversion teach about who God pursues?
- What aspects stick out to you as miraculous from Saul’s perspective? What about from Ananias’ view?
- How does God’s pursuit of Saul encourage you in your pursuit of Jesus? In your pursuit of justice?
- How does the witness of Barnabas to the disciples encourage you or challenge you?
- Take time to encourage each other in ways you see God working in each other as you’ve been meeting together.
- As you see Ananias and Barnabas speaking and standing up for someone who is perceived to be an enemy of the church, how does that impact your view of judging people?
- When Saul becomes a witness for Jesus he gives up his power and takes the position of the persecuted. How does this contrast with Simon the Magician (Acts 8:9-24)? How does that challenge your perception of what it means to become a follower of Jesus?
- Share some of the ways you’ve avoided, or not seen people’s worth, in your community and practical ways you can overcome them.