Miracles, Then and Now
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Acts 9:32–9:43
MIRACLES, THEN AND NOW: ACTS 9:32-43
His Story, Our Story
What About Now?
DISCIPLESHIP GROUP QUESTIONS
- Read aloud the text from Sunday (Acts 9:32-43). Did you find anything from the teaching especially clarifying, surprising or confusing?
- Have you ever experienced something you’d consider miraculous? Share that story and the effect it had on you and others.
- Why might it be important to understand the difference between miracles and magic?
- Have you seen the reality of Jesus and His kingdom on display in our church? In other words, how have you seen our community be the primary “authenticating sign” of God’s kingdom in our day?
- Have you ever gone through a time of sustained suffering (you may be in one now)? Did you learn anything significant about yourself and/or God during that time?
- What did you need most in the midst of that sustained suffering? How might others—especially in the church— have better served you during that season?
- Read James 5:16. What do you make of a promise like this? Is there any need in your life or in the lives of those around you for which you’ve simply never prayed? After sharing, pause and take some time to pray boldly for these things