Faith and Work
Topic: Topical Scripture: Genesis 1:26, Genesis 2:15–2:18, Genesis 3:17–3:19, Revelation 21:5, Genesis 21:23–21:26
FAITH AND WORK: AN INTRODUCTION
The Story of the World and Your Work
The Power of an Insufficient Narrative
A New Vision for our Work
Primary and Secondary Calling
DISCIPLESHIP GROUP QUESTIONS
- Read aloud the texts from Sunday. What do you remember most from the teaching on Sunday? Discuss what stood out to you as you read through the passages this time.
- Have you ever thought about your everyday work from the perspective of your faith? How so? Is this a source of frustration or inspiration for you?
- Consider your current “everyday work.” How would you answer someone who asked, “What does it mean to be distinctly Christian in that role”?
- Read Ephesians 2:8-10. Why do you think Christians sometimes end with v.9? How do you understand the significance of v. 10?
- Discuss the categories of primary and secondary calling? Do you find these distinctions helpful? How so? Be specific
- Was there anything from the teaching that immediately challenged the current way you’re approaching your work? What would it look like for you to act upon that challenge? Again, be specific.
- Pray for one another that God will use this series to shed new light on the eternal significance of your everyday work. Pray also that you’d each have the boldness to overcome previous mindsets and patterns that are out of step with God’s design for your work.