Creation and Your Work
Topic: Topical Scripture: Genesis 1:1–5, John 5:16–17
CREATION AND YOUR WORK
God, the Worker
Humanity, the Image of God
Creation, the Unfinished Masterpiece
DISCIPLESHIP GROUP QUESTIONS
- Read aloud the texts from Sunday. What do you remember most from the teaching on Sunday? Discuss what stood out to you as you read through the passages this time.
- Have you ever thought about your everyday work from the perspective of your faith? How so? Is this a source of frustration or inspiration for you?
- Consider your current “everyday work.” How would you answer someone who asked, “What does it mean to be distinctly Christian in that role”?
- Have you ever thought of the “image of God” being primarily about humanity’s function/role in the world? What difference does it make to think of ourselves in that way? What difference does it make in how we understand Jesus (cf—Colossians 1:15)?
- What aspect of your work contributes to our responsibility of “cultivating” the world to the glory of God?
- How would you respond to someone who said that your work is merely a “necessary evil”? What principles discussed in this series so far might help in addressing that mindset?
- Was there anything from the teaching that immediately challenged the current way you’re approaching your work? What would it look like for you to act upon that challenge? Again, be specific. End your time by praying into these areas of potential growth and thoughtful engagement