Topic: Exposition Scripture: 2 Timothy 2:1–2:7
Disciples Multiply: 2 Timothy 2:1-7
The Power for Discipleship v.1
The Work of Discipleship v.2
The Expectation in Discipleship vs.3-7
Discipleship group questions
- Reread 2 Timothy 2:1-7. What stands out to you as you read this passage?
- We are all "links in the chain" of discipleship. Take a few minutes and share with one another about someone who has had a significant impact on your own path of discipleship.
- What does Paul mean when he tells Timothy to "be strengthened by the grace that is in Christ Jesus?" (see also 2 Tim.1:14)
- What spiritual disciplines (i.e. bible reading, prayer, fasting, evangelism, service, etc.) have helped strengthen you most?
- Who is a F.A.T. (faithful, available, teachable) friend/person in your sphere of influence that you can begin/continue to invest time in in order to entrust the gospel to? When & How will you do this?
- Discipleship ("re-parenting people in the family of Jesus" - Scazzaro) is hard work! Keep it on the real - Share with one another how & where seeking to follow Jesus and/or help others to follow Jesus is really hard for you. (How is the way of Jesus causing you to suffer? If not, why not?)