Foundations For Parenting
May 20, 2018 Speaker: Manoj Thomas Series: The Gospel at Home: Marriage, Parenting and Singleness
Topic: Topical Scripture: Ephesians 6:1–6:4
Foundations for parenting
Laying a Foundation
Children, a gift from God
Being a Child
It takes a village
Impact of Generations
Family … Signs and Symbols
Discipleship group questions
Launching questions / Challenge
- What are some key memories you have of your parents and how they raised you? What about your grandparents?
- What are some patterns from your family of origin that you’d want to emulate or pass on to your children? What patterns would you prefer to leave behind or transform?
- For those of you who are parents, what are some ways that God has transformed you in the process of raising your kid(s)? What have you learned about yourself?
- Which parenting stories in the Bible do you most relate with?
- How can you model Christ’s love to your children in the current stage of life that they’re in?
- Read Hebrews 10:24-25 – In what ways can you be the ‘village’ for other’s children and encourage/challenge them?
More in The Gospel at Home: Marriage, Parenting and Singleness
June 17, 2018Fostering Faith in The Next Generation
June 10, 2018The Gospel at Home: Practical Wisdom for Singleness
June 3, 2018Practical Wisdom for Marriage: Enacting The Gospel Together