The Gospel at Home: Practical Wisdom for Singleness
June 10, 2018 Speaker: Scott C. Jones Series: The Gospel at Home: Marriage, Parenting and Singleness
Topic: Topical Scripture: Isaiah 54:1, Isaiah 56:1–56:5, Isaiah 53:10, Mark 10:29–10:31, 1 Corinthians 7:7–7:8, 1 Corinthians 7:32–7:34
Practical wisdom for singleness:
Singleness and the Story of God
The Dignity and Opportunity of Singleness
Practical Wisdom from our Community
Discipleship group questions
- What was the single most compelling piece of advice and/or most insightful thing you heard from either the panel or the teaching on Sunday?
- Read Mark 10:29-31 aloud together. How would you restate the promise Jesus is making to His followers in this passage? Have you experienced God’s faithfulness to this promise in your own story?
- For those who are single: speak to your D Group about your own experience as a single person in our community. How was it been hard for you? In what ways have you experienced your singleness as a blessing?
- Discuss what it might look like to practically break the barriers between married and single people in our church, in your MC and/or in your D Group. Be practical and suggest solutions that you yourself might be able to enact.
- End your time by reflecting on the most significant encouragement and challenge you’ve each received over these past two weeks as we’ve been focusing on marriage and singleness. Then pray into what you’ve shared.
More in The Gospel at Home: Marriage, Parenting and Singleness
June 17, 2018Fostering Faith in The Next Generation
June 3, 2018Practical Wisdom for Marriage: Enacting The Gospel Together
May 27, 2018Marriage and Singleness: Seated Together With Christ